We are a Dignity in Care champion and believe in everything it represents and as a champion we will continue to support and stand up for those who cannot do it themselves.
At Acacia, we passionately believe that these principles should be the foundation of all care and, in every task we perform, we pledge to:
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse.
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family.
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service.
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants.
- Respect people’s right to privacy.
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution.
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners.
- Assist people to maintain confidence and a positive self-esteem.
- Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation.
We believe that everybody involved in the care of others, whether you are a support worker or looking after a friend or family, should adopt these principles in all that they do.